Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting started...

The earthquake in Haiti is the worst natural disaster in human history. They have a lot of groups from the U.S. going over to help out as much as possible to rebuild and help medically. My dad along with 150 other men from the group USAID are going to be on their way to Haiti. They are scheduled to leave Wednesday morning early with a layover in Florida. There are doctors, contractors and just people to help translate that have the chance to go. Most of the men going are priesthood holders from the LDS church. They will be sleeping in a field in tents incase of an aftershock, the fields are guarded with security. They are allowed one backpack to take for personal items. They are provided with a sleeping pad, blanket, tent and hygenic items. I will post information as i get updates from my dad.

Thanks for your support!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a computer to check this site until today....I'm using Grandpa's. You've done a super cool job and I look forward to the additions. Lets pray that they don't end up circling the island for umpteen hours. Love, G'ma N.

    ReplyDelete